Below a list of courses I currently teach or have taught in the past. I sometimes run courses or workshops also outside Freiburg, in particular on stats topics. Please get in touch with me if you’re interested in organizing such a course.
BSc / MSc courses
- Statistik – introductory statistics course for BSc science, using R.
- Research Skills – an introductory course for MSc and PhD to scientific thinking and philosophy; design of experiments; reproducible data analysis and visualization; logic, clarity and style in scientific writing and presentation; and good scientific practice -> course website
- Environmental modeling (Umweltsystemmodellierung) a course for MSc on working with large simulation models in environmental and social sciences – analysis, sensitivity, parameter estimation, uncertainty -> course website
- Introduction to Agent-based modeling in NetLogo an introductory course on agent-based modeling
- Evolutionary Game Theory – this MSc course is concerned with understanding when and why cooperative behavior between organisms (including humans) can evolve -> course website
PhD / postgraduate courses
- Introduction to Ecological Statistics – what the title says
- Introduction to Bayesian Statistics – a introduction to Bayesian statistics at the graduate and post-graduate level -> course website
- Generalized Linear Mixed Models – course material from a recent course here.
- Research Design – a crash course on design of experiments, statistical analysis and the concepts of validity.
- Good scientific practice – anything from lab notebooks over plagiarism to author lists.